The LA Cancer Challenge unites those touched by pancreatic cancer for a day dedicated to creating public awareness, remembering those we have lost, and honoring those who are fighting this disease. There are many ways to honor and remember loved ones at the LACC. Whether you choose to wear a tribute bib, create a quilt square, or submit photos for the Tribute Video. However you choose to honor your loved ones, we are here to help.
Be sure to pick up your Tribute Bib on race day at the Hirshberg Foundation booth.
Sign Our Tribute Banner
Write a message to a loved one and remember your time at the LA Cancer Challenge. It’s the LACC take on a yearbook!
Create a Square for Our Memories Quilt
Squares will be sewn together into a banner that is displayed in the Expo Area. We add new squares to our banner each year.
1. Decorate any 13 inch x 13 inch piece of fabric (cotton, cotton blend or woven cotton only please)
Past Team Captains: Have an old Team Shirt? Add it to our banner as well! We would love to collect past team shirts in addition to decorated squares, just mail us the shirt and we will do the rest.
2. Leave a 1 inch border around all sides that is free of all decoration (decorated area is 12 in x 12 in)
3. You can iron-on a photo, draw a picture, decorate with stencils, buttons, fabric paints, etc
4. Mail square to us at 2990 S. Sepulveda Blvd, Suite 300C, Los Angeles, CA 90064 by 10/1/2012.
The Tribute Video
Every year one of the emotional highlights of the day is watching the “big screen” at our race and seeing the Tribute Video that we create using photos submitted by our team captains. Be a part of it!
For Returning Team Captains
Let us know if you would like to use the same photos from previous years or if you would like to change them.
Email Elissa at firstname.lastname@example.org
For New Team Captains
• If you would like to submit photos or video footage, please email up to 4 photos to:
Elissa at email@example.com before October 1, 2012
• If your team is honoring a survivor, please let us know how many years your honoree has been living with the disease.
• If your team is in memory of someone, please let us know his or her full name.
The bigger the better. Ideally photos should be at least 150 dpi in resolution (which is typically a minimum of 600K file size), If you would like to submit video, please make a copy of your video footage before sending it.
Prefer regular mail?
Mail your digital movie footage and CD photo archives with your team name to:
LA Cancer Challenge
2990 S Sepulveda Blvd, Suite 300C
Los Angeles, CA 90064